Tuesday 23 August 2005

Intentions

I’ve just been chatting with Bugsy and I’ve made myself really angry. So angry in fact that I want to kick my arse from here to hell. What has made me so angry? Simply this:

I had all the good intentions of going part time at work to 'help' change my lifestyle. My plan was to go to deep-water aerobics in the morning, go home, shower and then plan my meals the coming week, then go grocery shopping. Instead I sometimes have a massage, most recently during my Fridays off I don't even leave the house.

I think that my problem is that I listen to too many people, when I previously lost weight on the Sure Slim diet, I went to normal water aerobics and I know that it helped me drop the 20kg. However this time around I’ve had the following said to me:

“Eat no bread, no sugar and no salt” K

“You can’t not have salt in your diet” GP

“Water aerobics is not enough for you to loose weight you need to only do land exercises” PT

“Sure Slim tells you to only eat three meals a day, I want you to have 5 meals.” PT

“You should be eating something every two hours to boost your metabolic rate” GP

“Eat nuts they are a good source of protein” PT

“Not all nuts are good for you, some like cashews you are eating are high in fat” GP

K = Kinesiologist
PT = Personal Trainer
GP = my doctor.

All these people at times contradict others, they are all meant to be helping me but I seem to be getting mixed messages. Could it be my fault that I’m too open with trying to get help and am seeking help from more than one person?

Well as of today it will all stop, I HAVE lost weight before and I will do it again my way. This time I am not going to talk about it with anyone else (other than my cyber buddies), not with the Konesiologist, Personal Trainer, my gp, my Sister or work colleagues. Everone has an opinion about what is and isn’t healthy to eat and what is and isn’t the right exercise.

I also think that I need to be really strict with myself, you know if I decide to eat Pizza for dinner then I have to pay some money or I have to do something I really don’t want to do. I will discuss this with Mimi tonight and see what he says. I bet his answer would be if I decide to have take-away for diner then I have to give him pleasure.


Side note: I’ve been give the go ahead to start Primolut today.

2 comments:

  1. Yay good on you darls. I am with you 100% No Assvice for us! I too am going to have a good think tonight about what to do, and chat to Hubbs and will have a plan soon.

    Remember - just say NO to assvice.

    hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your PT is on crack and your K is off in term of a long time healthy eating plan.

    Go with your GP but also go with what worked for you the first time and what makes you feel fitter, healthier, etc...

    I'm currently looking at doing the CSIRO's Healthy Eating thing. I really want to lose weight but I'm seriously struggling with motivation. I'll be posting my plan of attack in the next few weeks. Good luck with yours.

    ReplyDelete