Wednesday 24 August 2005

Contract Set

Mimi and I have set a contract in motion with regards to the weight loss thing. Now I love my husband dearly and could never imagine my life with out him, why do I say this? Well because of our agreement.

When I first met Mimi he was on his feet all day and worked in a warehouse and wore sneakers. To say his feet smelled is an understatement, but somehow his parents put up with it, they put up with it for many years. It was appalling; when we got married we lived with my parents and there were a number of tried remedies and tested.

There were times when I refused to be in the same room as him until he washed his feet and I refused to touch them even if they had been washed. When we moved in together I pestered him to seek professional help. To cut a long story short, with modern medicine the smelly feet problem was resolved.

So my Mimi’s feet form a big part of the contract, to this day I still refuse to touch them or have them touch me, even asleep I cringe.

Our contract is that I will starting a diet on Monday and I will be working on a meals plan and I’m to stick with it. If for some reason I deviate from the plan and say have a bucket of chips at lunch then I’m to hold Mimi’s unwashed feet for a duration of time.

During a week I’m allowed to have one take away night a week and a week has been defined as starting from Monday and end on Sunday. Take away food does not include if we were to go out to dinner. The ‘punishment’ system relies on my honesty.

The duration of time that I hold his foot will start at 5 seconds and when I get to the 5 minute mark then I’m to kiss it….eeeewwww.

We discussed an incentive system where I’m rewarded with benefits like DVD’s, books, anything I want but I know that I can get those things when ever I want and I really think a negative impact will have more a positive impact on my requirement.

I will keep you all posted with how my punishments go. I’m not looking forward to those feet at all.

5 comments:

  1. Oh man, awesome motivation. You made me cringe just thinking about it. Are you going to be following any particular diet or plan?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats so gross it just might work....wonder if I can infect my husbands feet with something nasty?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you sure Mimi isn't my ex-boyfriend. His feet were so bad, even the podiatrist recoiled in horror. He used to sak them in formaldehyde and had them injected to stop them sweating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg - that is awesome. I don't know whether to laugh or cry! I think he must be related to my hubby though - I hate his socks - they make me ill. It isn't so much the smell (because they are bad but not too bad), but the fact that they are stiff with dried sweat - eewwwwww

    There is no way I am telling him about your deal - he just might suggest we join in!

    Good luck hun. This is tough going.

    p.s. Have you thought about carrying a picture of his feet in your purse? That way if you are tempted to go buy chippies etc, you will be reminded - it might help you not do it (plus would be that you would no longer be hungry either LOL).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I woke up this morning cringing at the thought of having to hold his feet. Even though they don't smell anymore as he has learnt to care for the, just the thought of my punishment makes me want to eat something healthy.

    Bugs - I love your idea about carrying a photo of his feet in my wallet or bag as incentive, or even better have a picture of them on my wall at my desk. Imagine what my work collegues will think...that I've got a foot fedish or something.

    ReplyDelete