Tuesday 16 January 2007

Mothers Group

I'm surrounded by disgustingly FERTILE mothers in this group. But...but I love them and I'm amazed at how well we all get along. Initially we were 12, but have now gone down to 10, out of the 10 babies, there are 4 boys and 6 girls all born in a month of each other.

You know that this happens, when you get a group of women together that have babies, the questions of pregnancy, birth and family start. It is natural to be curious about your friends. All know that it took us a very very long time to concieve Jordan. But what was most interesting (and I haven't come across this is a long long time) they were not careful or walking on egg shells to tell me how quickly they fell pregnant and instead of feeling hurt and rage at the injustice, I felt NOTHING. Yep nothing, one lady said it took her roughly 3 days to fall pregnant and I steeled myself agains the feelings of horror, but they didn't come.

What is with that?

Maybe I'm growing more mature in my "old" age (I've never been part of a group where I'm mostly older than the others...I'm usually the youngest...hence the "old"), or maybe I'm not so sensitive about pregnancy as I was when trying?

No comments:

Post a Comment