Sunday 1 April 2012

I know

I am standing in front of a narrow corridor that is a stair case; As I step onto the first step,  I hear my voice as though it through the loud speaker “Mari, your work ethic is beyond anything imaginable, like all aspects of your life you give your all”. I notice that to my right there is a picture frame which was blank before I heard my voice. Now it shows a picture of desk and work colleagues.

I look up and there are another 7 steps to climb, a total of 8 messages to hear.  I actually do not know where these steps will take me but I am determined to climb.

I move onto the next step and again I hear my voice saying “Your thoughts are so deep, that form the basis of who you truly are.  Without the ability to think deeply you would not be the Mari you are today”.  The picture frame in on my left side and this one changes to a picture of me sitting on a chair watching the world going by whilst I am staring into the distance.

On the third step I hear “Mari, you are the kindest person there is, you care for all your family and friends deeply.  They are honoured to know you”. The picture frame on my right, has a collaged for pictures all displaying me caring for others.

On the fourth step I hear myself say ““Mari you are the perfect mother for your kids, in fact you were chosen specifically for them”.  The picture frame for this step displays 3 pictures.  In each of them I am consoling each of my kids when they are upset.  I am holding them closely to my heart.

On the fifth step I hear myself say “Continue to listen to your gut feeling, treat this as your honest guide.  If it does not feel right in your gut then it is NOT right.  You have the power to gage what is honest in this life.” The picture shown in this frame is almost comical as I have my hands on my gut almost holding it in and the look on my face clearly shows how uncomfortable I am.

On the sixth step I notice that I and about to walk onto a stage, I hear myself saying “Trust yourself above all others, with complete trust comes complete acceptance.  Trust yourself unconditionally, like you trust others.”  The picture frame displays me holding a photo of myself.

On the seventh step hear myself say “When you love others, you love completely.  Love yourself just as completely.” The picture shows all the people in my life that I love completely, unconditionally.

On the last step before I reach the stage I hear myself say “Mari, you know your worth and with this knowledge you know what you deserve”. There is no picture frame for this step; instead there is a full length mirror. What I had not realised is that as I was walking up the steps my trueself was beginning to shine through.

I reach the stage and I walk out on the middle the audience is made up of all the people that are currently in my life.  Some I like and some I love unconditionally.

With a nod of my head I start to talk, here is what I say:

“All of you expected acceptance from me for who you are.  I give that and more, this is who I am.  I always see the good in others.  I am here today to tell you that you all need to accept me for who I am.  I know the real me and I am proud of the person standing in front of you.

I know my worth and with this knowledge I know that what is important to me matters.  My requests from all you will always be considered carefully before voiced, as I think deeply and will consider all sides of the situation before asking anything of you.

The person standing in front of you is worthy, matters and is important.  The person standing in front of you loves unconditionally.

My only expectation from you the people in my life is respect, trust and complete acceptance.  I will not ask for love as that may not be you.  I love all easily.

I am not going anywhere and I will not back down.

I know my worth and I am worthy of all.”

No comments:

Post a Comment