Sunday 15 April 2012

Love

There are many forms for love, and this post has been rolling around in my heard for a week. It is interesting to wonder if love is learnt or is in inherited?

When we are born you feel the love of your parents, siblings and family. But when do you “know” / “feel” that you are loved?  In my family my parents were not ones to say “I love you”, but I know that my parents love me. 

In your childhood you will learn the love of friendship and if you are blessed you will learn the love of a best friend.  In my childhood, the friendships I made all turned out to be with children that were mean and they used me.  I was bullied and even violated at a very young age.  Possibly because my heart was so open, not sure and I am not going to dwell on that part of my life.  There is no point!

At the age of 15 I met my first love; I was with this boy off and on for 3 years.  I know that I loved him because I was completely bestowed,  I could not imagine my life without this boy in it.  We were happy together and we were also very young.  As with most first loves or with most people that age, misunderstandings have a way of breaking a relationship.

There will forever be a special place in my heart for this boy.  He taught me a lot of positive things about me but he also didn’t accept me and had a lot of negative things to say to the 18 year old Mari when the relationship ended.

At the age of 18 I met (and am still with) my life partner.  To say that I love my husband is without question.  I love him more today than I did on my wedding day. If you have been married as long as us (16 years) you will know that there are ups and downs as there are in every relationship.  The key to our marriage is communication, communication, communication.   

Then there is the love you have for your children.  There is nothing in this world that can completely describe what that love is like.  There are no words in any language that can come close to expressing how a mother can lover their children.  I am very lucky as I have bonded with each of my kids completely. 

As you get older you may find friends that come into your life that will teach you all about yourself. If you are lucky your friendship may grow into love.  The love of a friend, I consider myself blessed that I have finally found true friends that I love like my own family.

Lastly there is the love of a soul mate, one that you will find over and over in every life that you inhibit. I know that I have found my soul mate again in this life and for that I feel completely blessed.

My heart is large, it can hold all the love I have for others.  What is missing in my heart is simply the love I "should" have for myself!

A life without love, is no life at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment