Thursday 9 June 2005

WIGO

If you work in the IT industry as I do, you will be aware of the acronym WIGO, people in IT love acronyms. WIGO stands for What Is Going On, so here I am giving you an updated on things going on in my life.

My visitors have moved out, this happened back in April. The relief of having my house, life back is overwhelming. During their stay here I was not able to Blog, surf and chat as I had become used to, I’m out of the habit. I want to get back into my cyber world has I have missed it immensely.

Work has been very hectic, the usual story when working on projects, no time, no budget and wrong assumptions have meant that instead of working 30 hour weeks (as advised by my gp) I’ve been putting in 50 to 60 hour weeks. Meaning I’ve been working on my Day off, my sacred Fridays and also being working the last 3 Sundays in a row.

It started out being a week from hell, which slowly but quickly grew to 3 weeks of hell. The worst part was I let both myself and my Mimi down; I started putting work before me and my goals. With the hours I was doing I wasn’t eating well, I didn’t go to the gym. It took Mimi screaming at me for an hour last Friday to snap me out of the nasty “guilt, work, they can’t do it with out me spell” I was under.

I stilled worked last Sunday but I was firm with the people I was working with and simply told then that the last three weeks were done and the hysteria over the project is almost over and I will NOT be doing this again. I will NOT be working weekends or on Fridays, I need to take care of myself. I also reminded my work colleagues that I was and still am under gp instructions to take it easy and ONLY work 30 hours a week. There was no problem with this from my work at all.

But this did not stop me from work till 7:30pm last night…see what a sucker I am to my job? But I knew that I now had 5 days off from work.

For the first time in almost 4 weeks I went and had my Personal Training session this morning. I was so very tempted to cancel as I was not in the mood but I’m glad that I pushed myself and glad that I went. Feel so much better now. I’m also off to have a massage this afternoon which I’m looking forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment