Wednesday 8 November 2006

How am I?

Thankyou all so much for your comments!

I am ok, in a lot of pain but am coping. In the end I had 4-5 units of blood given to me and I was sedated to help my body cope with the surgery and blood loss.

When I was finally awake and had the tube of horror removed, it was then that I noticed how many different tubes, drips and such stuff was attached to me. In the middle of my left forearm was the IV tube that they gave me the blood, then on my right hand was another IV which they used for the pain killers. Then just under my right collarbone was a CV line that consisted for 3 separate lines, for antibiotics and hydration solution. Then of corse I had a catheter and a drain tube.

My body looks like it has been through a war, I have 14 separate bruises on both my thighs and upper arms from all the heparin injections I received. Then I have all these bruised alone my wrists and forearms form all the attempts at inserting IV’s. Then of course there are my 4 wounds, which the surgeon decided to use staples instead of stitches to sew up.

The road to recovery for this surgery compared to the c-section is much tougher…so much harder. Gone is my vow to be visitor free for 2 weeks, I just can’t do anything on my own. I’m able to change Jordan’s nappy but then it is a struggle as his kicking feet are at the wound height.

My mother in law was over on the weekend to cook and iron for us and now my mother is here to stay over night as Tim is back at work and it is hard for me to do the night feed.

2 comments:

  1. Oh you poor darls. You have been through so much. Let everyone help you for the moment - every day you will feel stronger. I do hope so anyhow. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Mari.
    Don't I feel like a prized heel.
    You've got more Bravery, Strength & Courage in your BIG TOE than I have in my entire body!

    What a story!

    Where have you been all my blog-life? Thank you so very much for visiting me....I shall commence stalking your blog from this day forward.

    ReplyDelete