Tuesday 25 February 2014

A pause

I am devouring anything and everything I can get my hands on to help understand what is the Law of attraction and how to bring more positivity into my life.  Books, movies, audio tapes and youtube videos are my source of inspiration. I am watching youtube clips whilst I am working, listening and working away.  When I hear a message that I need to take note I have this word document open that I write phrases.

This was one such phrase from an interview between Iyanla Vanzant and Oprah:

When you find yourself in a new situation or circumstance in life experience.  Everything that requires healing is going to rush to the surface.  If you don’t take a minute to breath to gather yourself to pray, you will do what you have always done. So you got to be clear enough, grounded enough, centred enough to say “How am I going to handle this, this time”.  So the lesson is PAUSE.

What I find amazing is how the universe speaks to me directly.  About 2 weeks ago I was working from home on a Tuesday and I am working closely with a lady in Sydney.  I had been warned that this lady was  little difficult to work with.  I mentally shrugged off the concerns because I was now living the life on the secret path and was positive in all aspects of my life. 

So I thought.

I was responsible for completing certain sections of a document we were both working on and I was doing a brilliant job.  On this Tuesday I was happily working away as normal when this “difficult” person told me that she would be completing the same sections of the document but for a different vendor.  I was shocked and felt my heart miss a beat.

HELLO! BANG! SMACK! 

I sent a simple “ok” and tried to move on, because as I said I am walking the path of the secret and I am positive in all aspects of my life. My mind would not stop churning though and I decided to have a break and I went outside and sat on the step of the kid’s cubby house. 

My thoughts kept coming and most of the were positive. I was congratulating myself on a great job of not reacting, of being the bigger person and staying positive and for not trying to control my work.

So here I am mentally patting myself on the back for a job well done, for ticking off the “Yes I am being positive card” when I see this tiny little butterfly, I will never forget that moment.  This butterfly would've been the size of a 10 cent coin and it was a beautiful mauve colour with royal blue towards the body.  It landed 30 centimeters from where I was sitting.  It felt like the whole world had stopped in that moment.  All thoughts of work and the “difficult” person left.  So I paused, really paused and watched the butterfly flutter around my back yard.


When I went back into my study and reread the conversation I had with the “difficult” person, I felt happy and gratitude, in that moment I knew just new that I had finally stepped on to the right path because instead of being hurt or questioning “why” or trying to control or cracking the shits.  I truly let go and was grateful for the help.

No comments:

Post a Comment