Monday 17 February 2014

Money

My relationship with money is the goal for 2014.  Improving our relationship with money will be an easy journey but one of enlightenment.
I am excited, happy and blessed with this time in my life!  I am bursting at the seams with gratitude for my life lessons and with gratitude with right now.

So I recently completed 3 years of company finances for my husband’s company. I learnt something so profound that it has been a few days to process before I could really write about it.

Our belief was that 2012 & 2013 was a constant struggle for us.  We lived pay cheque to pay cheque, I dodged calls from banks, creditors and just lived in thought that we were struggling.  It even got that bad that just this past Christmas I didn’t even have enough money to buy the food for Christmas Day; my darling mother not only came to my house for Christmas day but bought all the food that we ate.  I didn’t even have enough money to buy food for our holiday from 26th December to 2ndof January 2014. My mother gave me that money also.

So here is my rock bottom, Christmas 2013 I had a Christmas tree with gifts for all my kids. I was traveling away for a week with friends to a beautiful place with no money.  None. 

What I have learnt over the last month is that our belief that we were struggling became true.

BUT

This is the biggest BUT and this is what I learnt when I finally did the Company finances, we were not struggling; the amount of money coming into and out of our house was and continues to be substantial.  We never struggled, we never had struggled. When I say substantial I am saying that in a financial year we spent over $171K on various things. That is no small amount of money and that is all money that had come into our house, this was not credit as our credit card had been cancelled due to being over the limit.

We never went without fresh milk or fresh bread. We all had enough clothing.  We had various holidays, weekends away.  My kids’ activities were provided, the boys did AUSKICK, Lilly did dancing and they all went swimming.  Child Care was paid for (late but paid).  School fees were paid again late but paid.

In our minds Tim and I thought that we had no money.  We struggled; we lived pay cheque to pay cheque.  We have bad credit. Learning from the secret was that you say you are struggling with money the universe says “Your wish is my command”.   

I was astounded with the raw figures. As a Business Analyst I am used to analysing figures and raw data and they never lie.  NEVER.


I am grateful to “The Secret” and I am grateful for my lesson learnt and I am thankful for the raw figures, because they never lie and the truth is that we didn’t struggle we never have. What we are is wealthy and prosperous! 

No comments:

Post a Comment